About the Board of Governors
Tseikuru Technical Training Institute is managed by a Board of Governors appointed by the Ministry of Education and run
on a day-to-day basis by a Principal appointed by the Public Service Commission.
The BOG members are expected to ensure relevant policies and practices are adhered to as well provide guidance on good corporate
governance in the management of the institute through regular meetings to the management team.
In addition the BOG is expected to spearhead the resource mobilization initiatives of the institute.
Functions of the Board of Governors
The TVET Act 29 sets out the functions of the Boards of Governors to include the following;
- Overseeing the conduct of education and training in the institutions in accordance with the provisions of the Act and any other written law.
- Promoting and maintaining standards, quality and relevance in education and training in institutions in accordance with the Act and any other written law.
Administering and managing the property of the institutions.
- Developing and implementing the institution’s strategic plan.
- Preparing annual estimates of revenue and expenditure for the institution and incurring expenditure on behalf of the institutions
- Receiving, on behalf of the institution; fees, grants, subscriptions, donations, bequests or other moneys; and to make disbursement to the institution or other bodies or persons.
- Determining the fees payable and prescribing conditions under which fees may be remitted in part or in whole in accordance with the guidelines under the provisions of this Act.
- Mobilizing resources for the institutions.
- Developing and reviewing programmes for training and to make representations thereon to the Board.
- Regulating the admission and expulsion of students from the institutions subject to a qualifications framework and the provisions of this Act.
- Approving collaboration or association with other institutions and industries in and outside Kenya subject to prior approval by the Board.
- Recruiting and appointing trainers from among qualified professionals and practicing trades persons in relevant sectors of industry.
- Determining suitable terms and conditions of service support staff, trainers and instructors and remunerating the staff of the institutions in consultation with the authority.
- Making regulations governing organization, conduct and discipline of the staff and students.
- Preparing comprehensive annual reports on all areas of their mandate. Including education and training services and submit the same to the board.
- Providing for the welfare of the students and staff of the institution
- Encouraging, nurturing and promoting democratic culture , dialogue and tolerance in the institutions and
- Discharging all other functions conferred upon it by the Act or any other law
To be a a member of the Board of Governors